Any qualified individual is invited to apply. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Part-time Bookkeeper and Administrative Support
Location: Columbia Falls, Maine
Reports to: General Manager, PWBC
Hours: Part-time, 20/week with extended hours during harvest
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Passamaquoddy Wild Blueberry Company (“PWBC”) has been managing and harvesting wild blueberries on 2,000 acres of barrens since 1981, producing fruits among the best in the world.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced individual to join our team in the crucial role of Bookkeeper and Administrative support.
The primary responsibilities for this position are listed below, but not limited to those listed:
- Record and maintain financial records on company transactions and assets, general ledger, accounts payable, account receivable, payroll, inventory, fixed asset management, etc.
- Bill entry and check runs, preparation of monthly bank account reconciliations and related cash reconciliations
- Track, process, and maintain payroll records and group benefits in cooperation with payroll company, vendors and other Human Resource related duties as necessary
- Oversee monthly financial closing, and reporting
- Maintains company credit and debit cards, assisting staff members in purchases when necessary
- Manage budgets, financial plans and accounting strategies if applicable
- General office support, answering the phone and taking messages, filing, organizing, data entry
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- Filing, organization and data entry
- Other administrative assignments as necessary under the guidance of management
- Oversee daily harvest tallies in summer, recording harvest numbers and corresponding payments to rakers.
- Assist with recording sales transactions and invoicing for value-added business
Qualifications / Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- 3+ years bookkeeping or accounting experience
- Familiarity with QuickBooks strongly preferred
- 2-5 years’ experience in a professional business environment
- Proven high-level ability using Microsoft Excel, proficiency with data management & formulas related to finance/accounting.
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office programs such as Word and PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication abilities
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong time management skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Good interpersonal skills in a dynamic setting
- Proven ability to perform accurately, ethically, and in a timely manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is a must
- 401K program with employer match
- Healthcare benefits
- Looking at a computer screen for long periods of time
- Repetitive motions such as typing on a computer keyboard and calculator
- Twisting, bending, reaching for filing purposes
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds
- Sitting for long periods of time
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply with a cover letter and resume emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required or personnel so classified. All persons may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Type: Part-time
Compensation: will be based on experience, starting at $22/hour